Due to large amounts of snow recently falling in the Manning Park area we have decided it is our safest option to postpone this trip until the last week of June. The dates we have chosen are Sunday June 23 to Wednesday June 26. This allows students to not miss any day one classes during June as many classes are reviewing for final exams. Students are also back in time to pick up their yearbooks and report cards on June 27. The permission forms you filled out for the original trip will be used for these dates as the plans have stayed the same other than dates.
Given the change of plans, we have also decided to move our overnight canoe trip from June 7-8 to then end of next week, May 30 to 31. Students will depart on the 30 at the beginning of the regular school day and return before the last bell on the 31. Students were given a special permission form for this trip today and I have attached it below. We will use next tuesdays class to get students completely prepared for packing for an overnight canoe trip.
The calendar on our website is now up to date reflecting these changes. If you have any questions please send us an email. I have also posted all this information on our website
Chilliwack Centre of Excellence
Mt. Waddington's Events
Manning Park Snow Report
Whistler Snow Report