I am very sorry for the lateness of this post.
We are making the call to not go on our snowshoe hike tomorrow. Due to the storm system moving in, the avalanche forecast for the coquihalla region is showing an increased risk and travel is not recommended. Although Zoa Peak is known to be a very safe outing with very minimal avalanche risk, we want to make sure we are always taking the safe and conservative approach with your children. The idea behind this trip is to give students a winter alpine experience, even without the Avalanche risk, the predicted weather would not make this a great experience. Unfortunately, these decisions need to often be made very close to trip time for the forecasts to be accurate. We will be trying to reschedule this trip at a later time. Students should be prepared for regular classes tomorrow.
I have added a link and image below outlining the Avalanche forecast. If you could tell your son or daughter to message their friends to make sure this message gets to everyone that would be great. Thanks everyone, again sorry for the short notice. It we feel this is the right call.
Chilliwack Centre of Excellence
Mt. Waddington's Events
Manning Park Snow Report
Whistler Snow Report