As you may have seen on our calendar, we have two ski days booked for Friday December 14 and Thursday December 20. Students have been sent home with an information package today. Please make sure you fill out the Parental Consent and Waiver form from the School District in its entirety. The back of the waiver page is the student ski/snowboard level and rental information. Rentals are only for students who do not have their own gear. I have attached the permission package below as well. This is due by Tuesday's class
Chilliwack Center of Excellence has one more pool session before the end of November and more planned for after the holidays! See the brochure attached below if interested!
Once again we got lucky with weather! We had a great time on our two night trip up to Post Creek. Students all did a great job of setting up, cooking their food, maintaining camp. Although we did not complete the day hike all the way to Flora, students experienced how to hike in more challenging terrain. I'm sure some pictures will be posted by Mr. Shea soon. Special kudos to Mrs. VanSanten for coming along as our female chaperone.
We now will turn our focus to winter sports. We have two ski trips to Whistler planned for December. Students will come home with information on this shortly. We will be getting into some cross country skiing, snowshoeing, and winter camping in the new year. Thank you for all of your support in a very successful first term of the OEA.
We also wanted to tell you about the new Mt. Waddington's Outdoors store on Vedder Road. Our students are eligible for 15% off of any purchase because they are in this program. The store has our class list so be sure to mention your student's name at the till if you are thinking of purchasing any outdoor clothes or gear for Christmas. Please see their website below.
As you may have found out from your students, we are good to go for our two night trip tomorrow. I have attached an updated parent information document for this trip. Please email us tonight if you have any questions.
We have looked ahead at the upcoming calendar (as well long term weather forecast) and have tentatively re-scheduled our two night overnight trip for Wednesday November 14 to Friday November 16. We have confirmed a female chaperone (Thanks Steff). We are on a wait list for a TOC for Jason and I on the non academy day. The way the TOC system works in Chilliwack, it can be difficult to book "non emergency" TOC's on short notice. We are numbers 3 and 4 on the wait list. We would like students to be prepared to go on the trip and will give a final answer on Tuesday November 13 at noon. Hopefully we will be informed of our TOC situation by then. If a TOC does not work out by that time we will carry on with regular classes on those days. Thank you for your flexibility in this situation.
The rescheduled trip will leave school around 9:30 on Wednesday and return around 1:00 on Friday. The itinerary is the same as the originally scheduled trip. Please see the necessary attachments below. Student's will be prepped on preparation during tomorrow's academy day.
Chilliwack Centre of Excellence
Mt. Waddington's Events
Manning Park Snow Report
Whistler Snow Report