This Monday we have our fourth trip to Manning Park for our Cross Country skiing unit. We told the students on Friday to check the website as we had considered changing our ski day to Wednesday due to the very warm weather forecast for Monday. The high for Monday is now forecast to be a bit cooler so we will stick with the scheduled Monday trip. The fact that it is mostly morning skiing should help snow conditions as well. Remember, with the term change our departure for the last two days of cross country skiing is 7:30 AM. Students should arrive at school 10 minutes before with everything they need to go. We will be home by the last bell of the day.
Next month we will be beginning our snowshoeing field trips in preparation for our winter camp out at the end of February. Please note the times on the calendar. In order to get maximum educational value out of these trips we have made fairly full days to compensate for travel time. Please look at your personal calendars now to try and arrange things so all students can attend. These trips, particularly the winter camping and the Windy Joe Snowshoe are cross-curricular.
Students will be given a permission form for the winter camp out and the snowshoe trips next week. You can also find it attached below. We are currently scheduled for a one night winter camping trip. If weather and snow forecasts look excellent we would like to extend the trip to two nights and return Wednesday by the end of the school day. This is entirely weather dependent. If this looks like a possibility we would inform you at the end of the week prior to the trip. We realize this impacts a few band students and are exploration solutions for them.
Please find the permission form below.
Chilliwack Centre of Excellence
Mt. Waddington's Events
Manning Park Snow Report
Whistler Snow Report